Director's Message
Mission Statement
Board of Commissioners
Board Meetings
Parks & Properties
Facility Reservations
Recreation Program
District Policies
Comp Plan
PenMet Parks History
Contact Us: District Staff
Memorials & Donations
Our Partners
Public Records
Annual Report
PenMet - YMCA Voucher
Budget Information
Lost & Found
Off Leash Dog Areas
Site Map

How long do Commissioners serve on the park board?
The PenMet Parks board is composed of 5 elected Commissioners elected to six-year staggered terms.

Which parks are owned by PenMet Parks?
Harbor Family Park, Kopachuck Heights, Madrona Links Golf Course, Maplewood ParkMcCormick Forest Park, Peter's Pond, Rosedale Park, Sehmel Homestead Park, and Wollochet Bay Estuary Park.

Where can I launch a boat?
There are five publically accessible boat launches on the Gig Harbor Peninsula.  The following is a list of launches:
   --Crescent Lake
   --Fox Island Boat Launch
   --Horsehead Bay
   --Randle Street Boat Launch
   --Wollochet Bay Boat Launch

How do I contact the PenMet Parks board Commissioners?
To reach Board Commissioners, please contact Terry Lee, Executive Director, (253) 858-3408; or e-mail PenMet Parks at info@PenMetParks.org and address your e-mail to commissioners.  You may also request being placed on our "notification list" by either e-mailing us or by phone. 

Is alcohol allowed in the parks?
Alcoholic beverages are generally not allowed at any PenMet Parks facilities at any time.  Special permit applications are required for special events desiring to serve alcohol.

Where can I have a barbecue at any of the parks?

Kopachuck State Park and Crescent Creek/City Park.

How often are Recreation Guides published?

Recreation Guides are mailed out quarterly to households.  If you don't receive one in the mail, contact us at info@PenMetParks.org and we'll mail you one.

Who do I contact to schedule park facilities?

Contact the following organizations for each individual park.  Phone numbers and web links are provided for each organization.

     --PenMet Parks, (253) 858-3400, ext. 222; Please see the Facility Use Application to schedule a PenMet Parks facility.

     --City of Gig Harbor Parks, (253) 851-8136; http://www.cityofgigharbor.net/

     --Pierce County Parks, (253) 798-4176; http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/services/recreate/fac-res.htm

     --State Parks, (253) 265-3606; http://www.parks.wa.gov/reserve.asp

Is it necessary to leash dogs in parks?

Yes it is necessary to leash dogs in public parks per Gig Harbor Municipal Code, Chapter 6.04 and 6.06; also per Pierce County Code Title 14, Parks and Recreation, 14.08.070.
For Off Leash Areas for dogs, please see the attached information.

How do I volunteer?

Contact EnviroCorps at (253) 265-6162 or click on the attached link. http://www.envirocorps.org